Thursday, August 27, 2009

Heirloom Tomato Snack

Photobucket

Recently I ventured to some new destinations in the virtual world. I created a FACEBOOK FAN PAGE for the Sweet Life Kitchen and also had to hop on to TWITTER and figure out how to be a good tweeter.Last week I TWEETED my favorite SLOW-COOKER PULLED PORK recipe, a dish so easy to make the instructions fit in just 140 characters!

This made me want to come up with more so-easy-you-can-tweet-it recipes.
Then I found this seriously gorgeous, big, giant super firm heirloom tomato. My sister said one of her favorite ways to do up one of these bad-boys is to slice em up & toast them with mozzarella.
That sounded way to good to resist. So here is the full (but still less than 300 character) version.

Slice a firm heirloom tomato in 3/4 inch slices and cover with shredded mozzarella cheese. Broil in the toaster oven for about 6 minutes or until the cheese is golden bubbly. Serve with cracked black pepper and torn fresh basil if you've got it!!

Feel free to follow along on Twitter, as I am planning to try and tweet at least one full-on, start-to-finish recipe per week, and hopefully more often if I can!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Thistlemoon said...

Hi Beth!

That looks so good!!!! :)

Just wanted to let you know that you won a giveaway from The Foodie Blogroll this month - we sent an email to you on the 14th, but have not heard back from you yet. Please contact us: support(@)foodieblogroll.com so we can get your prize to you!

Best,
Jenn