Friday, November 23, 2007

Paula Deen's Green Rice Casserole



I know, this is awful that I counted this as a "veggie" side dish, but I couldn't resist!! The recipe was pretty clear that this was going to be right up my alley, and it did not disappoint. I will be making this again, it is a fabulous go-to side dish for a big home cooked meal!!




Paula's Green Rice Casserole
Source: Paula Deen's Kitchen Classics Cookbook
Serves 6-8

1 10oz package frozen chopped broccoli
2 cups cooked rice
1 10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temp
1 8 oz jar of Cheese Wiz (I used an 8oz block of Velveeta cheese melted)

Cook the broccoli according to package directions, drain well. In a large bowl combine all ingredients, stir until well combined and pour into a baking dish. Bake at 325 for 30 mintues or until the top starts to bubble. I stirred it prior to serving and it was delicious!!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

this looks so creamy and delicious :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh! i love anything with cheese and brocolli. Yum!!