Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Goat Cheese Bites



I made a variation of these last year for our holiday sweater party and think that you pretty much can't miss with fig & goat cheese!
These are a simple and beautiful appetizer that freezes well and can be made ahead, and heated up as the party moves along! I love the fig preserves at the holidays- but these are great with marmalade or other preserves to reflect different seasons.



Makes 60-70
12 oz goat cheese
8 oz softened cream cheese
one egg
3 boxes of frozen puff pastry
2 jars of fig preserves

Let the puff pastry thaw on the counter. Using a hand mixer combine the goat cheese, cream cheese & egg. Using a small biscuit cutter (about the size of a silver dollar) cut circles out of the puff pastry sheets...place a circle of puff pastry in a greased mini-muffin tin, add a scoop of cheese mix, top with a dollop of fig preserves. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until cheese and puff pastry is golden.
You can freeze these and then just re-heat them at party time! :O)

9 comments:

Anne said...

These look so good! I usually buy them but will make them myself the next time. thanks!

Ashley said...

WOW! These look heavenly! I think I might have to bust them out for the Superbowl party this year!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Yum... I would seriously devour these!

Anonymous said...

Goat cheese and cream cheese?! Wow! these sound so delicious and easy. YUM!

Karen said...

I like it that they can be frozen - no last minute stuff!

Lunch Buckets said...

These sound seriously perfect! Thank goodness the Superbowl is coming up - good excuse!

Jaime said...

i love goat cheese! this looks like a winner

test it comm said...

These sound so cheesy and good!

Unknown said...

These are seriously awesome. I made them last night for a small dinner party. I hope they taste as good after being frozen. Mine weren't quite as pretty, but close. I think the key is thick fig preserves. Mine was more like a jelly. Next time I might put a slice of dried fig between the cheese and preserves. These were a huge hit! Thanks for the recipe!