Monday, January 5, 2009

Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes



This recipe was suggested by my friend Erin, we were huddled around some baked potatoes at a USC game this past fall and she mentioned twice-baked sweet potatoes using cream cheese, I couldn't resist!! Unfortunately the lighting was pretty whack, but dinner was delicious and I'll be making these again for sure!

For 8 people
8 small sweet potatoes
1 8oz package of cream cheese
4 T butter
cloves
cinnamon
brown sugar
salt

Pre-heat the oven to 350, wash the potatoes. Place the potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for about 55 minutes or until soft all the way through. Let them cool, until they are warm but ok to handle with out burnin' your mits off!
Cut a diamond/ oval shape opening in the top of each potato and spoon the inside into a large bowl- leave enough potato attached to the skin so it stands up and isn't just a floppy peel. In the bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, cloves, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt.
Re-fill each potato with the mixture and bake again at 350 for about 30 minutes or until warm all the way through and golden on the top. You could also add a few marshmallows to the top before baking, but I knew I was going to be eating half a TWO-FER PIE, so wanted to save the calories for desert! HA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of twice baked sweet potatoes, but it makes perfect sense. I love sweet potatoes and I love cream cheese. YUM!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love twice baked sweet potatoes but never thought of mixing in cream cheese! Thanks for sharing this!