Monday, July 14, 2008

Nicole's Famous CRACKers



A co-worker brought these lil'devils in to work a while back and I (our whole office) LOVED them!!! It is a super easy, super budget-friendly, great-take-to-a-party treat, so (with Nicole's permission) I had to share~

We re-named them CRACKers because, as you will find, these are completely addictive and I DARE you to only eat one!

THANK YOU NICOLE for letting me post this for everyone to enjoy!

What you'll need~
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
a package of saltine crackers
chocolate chips
any nuts chopped or crushed (pictured with almonds, MY FAVORITE!)

Preheat the oven to 400. Get a cookie sheet out, cover with foil and lay crackers out all over the cookie sheet. Take the stick of butter and brown sugar and melt together in a small pot over medium heat don't stir until it is all melted!!, now wait for the sugar/butter to caramelize (you will notice big bubbles)- once that happens, remove the pan from the heat and use a spoon to drizzle the caramelly goodness all over the crackers. Then sprinkle the crushed nuts on top.
Bake for 5-7 minutes. Take the crackers out and IMMEDIATELY sprinkle the chocolate chips over them, then transfer off the cookie sheet to cool before the chocolate chips re-harden.

13 comments:

Rachel said...

This sounds amazing!!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I remember making this a couple holidays ago and it is awesome! So addicting and easy to make. I love Saltine Toffee!!

Linds said...

yum! I love this recipe, so easy and delicious. You can also use graham crackers in place of the saltines...mmmm. I want some now.

Jannett said...

These sound soooo good..... :)

Pamela said...

I LOVE THESE!!! I make them all the time at Christmas for cookie trays and I have such a difficult time staying away from it. Just a note, it's still delicious frozen, right out of the freezer! ;oP

Haley said...

I'm Haley, Key Ingredient's Chief Blogger. We would like to feature this recipe and photo on our blog. We realize it is taken from another source, but we'll be sure to note that...we just feel you've done a great job putting this meal together! Please email haleyglasco@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

Haley

Dolores said...

One of our friends brings a variation on this to virtually every potluck. It's deceptively delicious!

test it comm said...

Crackers covered in caramel, chocolate and nuts do sound good!

Susie Homemaker said...

These look so yummy! We used to ke them with Ritz - and call them Sex on a Ritz!

But, I am here to TAG you!!! hahaha. Check out my blog to find out what you are in for...

Helene said...

My MIL taught me a recipe a little similar when I moved to the US and you are right...they are addictive! Makes me wish I had some right now!!

Unknown said...

um. YUM!!!

Carrie said...

I made these, thanks for sharing!

http://www.carriessweetlife.com/2008/07/crackers/

Carrie

Jannett said...

I made these today...and they are great... thanks for sharing... :)