Sunday, September 16, 2007

Crock pot Salsa Chicken




Well, I liked this one, but not Nate's favorite. That's ok- I just want to start trying more crock pot recipes because it sure does make dinner easier!!
We had it with brown rice and steamed broccoli.

Crock pot Salsa Chicken
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast(mine, frozen because my crock pot has no timer)
1 12oz jar of salsa
1 can of drained and rinsed black beans (next time I'd use 2 cans and since Nate does not love black beans we might try another kind)
8oz light cream cheese (optional)

Put Chicken, salsa and beans in crock pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
If desired, add 8 oz light cream cheese and cook 30 more minutes.
We kept the chicken breasts whole and next time I would shred it up for sure!
Super easy, and that always nice :)

No comments: