Sunday, September 16, 2007

Buffalo Chicken Dip



I have been dying to try this ever since I saw the recipe over a month ago. It's also known as "Crack Dip" because it is truly addictive!
I am a wing-girl, I LOVE buffalo wings! AND I love cheese, so there was really no going wrong here.
It was even better than I imagined and a huge hit at a friends house for the USC game yesterday. I can't wait to make it again. YUM!
Here is the link to the recipe on the What's Cooking Blog

1 lb Boiled Chicken (I used boneless skinless chicken breast chopped up into little bits then boiled & drained)
8 oz (1 cup) Franks Original Red Hot Sauce
8 oz (1 cup) Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
8 oz crumbled Blue Cheese
8 oz Shredded Cheddar cheese (I used Tillamook Medium Cheddar)
16 oz softened cream cheese

Prepare Chicken. Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl mix all ingredients until well blended. Pour into a corning wear or other medium sized baking dish, cover and bake for 40 minutes. Serve Warm with tortilla chips and celery!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Mmmm, this sounds wonderful!

Unknown said...

This dip has been in our family for years!

My suggestions are to change the hot sauce to a 12-oz bottle of Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce and skip the blue cheese crumbles.

For the chicken, boil the breasts and then let them cool - shred by hand. We use 4 cups shredded. The shredded texture picks up the dip better and it's a little easier to grab with chips.

For the cheese - you can control the spice by which flavor you pick. Cheddar is always safe. If you want hot-hot, go for a pepper cheese.

Keep the cheese out of the mix -- put it on top after the dip is in the casserole dish. The dip is done when the cheese is bubbling and browning.

The best scooper is Tostitos Scoops! We used to use only Torengos, but they stopped making them.

Hope this helps!

Unknown said...

Oh - if you love blue cheese and don't like my suggestion to skip the crumbles, change the ranch dressing to blue cheese dressing. My family has done that and it's just as good.

Anonymous said...

Made this using the original printed recipe..LOVED IT! Was a big hit at my football playoff party. I will definitely be making this for years to come:)