Sunday, December 2, 2007

Corn Pudding



My husband's mom makes this incredible sweet creamed corn, and I thought of making that, but I wanted to make sweet corn bread too and couldn't decide...
I came across this recipe for Corn Pudding on All Recipes. It was more like super-super moist corn bread and was DELICIOUS!! When I think of "pudding" I think of Jell-O Chocolate pudding or banana cream pie or something, this was much more bread like than pudding like, but it was awesome all the same. This would be fabulous with bbq or chili.

Corn Pudding V
Source: All Recipes
Serves: 12
1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained & rinsed
1 (15 ounce) can cream style corn
1/2 cup margarine, softened I used salted butter
1 cup sour cream
1 (8.5 ounce) package dry cornbread mix I used and reccomend Jiffy mix

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish. In a medium bowl, mix together the whole kernel corn, cream style corn, margarine, sour cream, and corn bread mix. Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

I let it cool for just over an hour and then refridgerated it to take to my moms the next day- we re heated it by baking for about 25 minutes at 350.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi there, Beth!

My name is Shannon and I'm the editorial assistant at Foodbuzz.com. I am very impressed with the quality of your posts and to that end, I’d like to invite you to be a part of our newly launched Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com

Deborah said...

I have never had corn pudding before, but this is the second post I've seen about it. I need to try this out!

test it comm said...

This sounds pretty interesting.