Sunday, December 30, 2007

Bacon & Eggs Salad



After the tartar, I wanted to make sure we had some good veggies (other than the mashed potatoes) with our big meaty dinner, so I made a spinach salad with bacon & eggs.
Since I was already hitting the Japanese market for the tuna & sake, I grabbed a package of quail eggs for the salad because they are so cute and delicious!!

I had no clue what kind of dressing I was going to make and literally while I was mixing the tartar, Andrea of Pairings with Andrea on the Food Network (also on Fine Living I believe), whipped up a dressing that I had all the ingredients for!!




Bacon & Eggs Salad with Andrea's Sesame Honey Dressing
Salad by ME, Beth G.
Dressing inspired by Andrea Robinson original recipe HERE

1 bag of cut baby spinach, washed and patted or spun dry
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
10-12 quail eggs, hard boiled & cut in half

3 T Mayo
3 T Balsamic vinegar
3 tsp honey
2 T sesame oil
pinch of pepper

Combine dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
In each serving bowl, place a hand full of spinach top with 4 egg halves, a pinch/ sprinkle of bacon & drizzle with dressing.

To make OVEN BACON: My favorite!!
Line a baking sheet (with edges) with foil, place bacon on foil & bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes or until desired done-ness is reached, move bacon to paper towel covered plate to cool- let grease cool and harden, then wrap up foil and throw away!!

To Hard-boil the Quail eggs:
In a small sauce pan, place the eggs in about 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. boil about 3 minutes then turn off burner, cover and let sit 5-7 minutes. Let cool a bit before peeling and halving.

No comments: