Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nate's Pumpkin French Toast


Ok, so GOOD NEWS- my knees are all better!!! YAY!!!! So that means the timing is PERFECT for my back to go out- right?!?
Dangit.
I was pretty much immobile on Friday and to my horror, Logan had to spend a few hours tearing around Nate's office (THANK YOU JESSICA & FRIENDS!) while I went to PT. By Sunday I could move again, but not "make-awesome-Sunday-breakfast" kind of move. I had seen this on Pinterest a while back and was hoping to try it before the "pumpkin season" of 2012 passed, but since I was useless in the kitchen this weekend, I was thrilled when Nate said he'd try it! YAY NATE!!!!

Here's what you will need...
1/4 can of pumpkin (don't worry, we used the other 3/4 of a can to make a dozen muffins and a pumpkin loaf- I'll post that recipe next so you don't have 3/4 of a can of pumpkin sitting around all day!)
3 eggs
about 2/3 - 3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/8 (scant) tsp cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg (a pinch)

6 pieces of samich sliced bread (we used organic whole wheat)

Mix everything in a medium bowl and add a slice of bread- cover completely and let soak about 3 minutes. Meanwhile heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add soaked toast to skillet and cook about 2 minutes per side (until golden) flip once if you can help it- let the next piece up soak during the cooking....and so on, till you are out of bread!

Serve with butter and honey.
...and coffee, lots and lots of coffee, especially if you still have a small child who doesn't grasp how the time change works.

No comments: