Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mushroom Fall Cous Cous




We ate lunch at this great place recently called Mendicno Farms- their kids meal is off the chain and Logan loved his giant samich. We also got a side of Israeli cous cous that Logan really enjoyed-and when I saw it at Trader Joe's I decided to make it as a side dish for the crock pot chicken!
Since I had leftover mushrooms & chicken broth I got to use those too- sweet.

Sorry for the HORRIBLE photo- I was in a hurry to EAT!! We had this with the "Greek" Crockpot Chicken last week.

1 package Israeli cous cous from Trader Joes
2 baby portabella mushrooms, chopped
4 shiitake mushrooms, chopped
2 handfulls of spinach, chopped
about 6 kalamata olives sliced into 1/4th
a dash of Oilve oil
a drizzle of TJ's Balsamic Glaze (pictured above, it's good on EVERYTHING)
Leeeetle bit of salt- we added more salt & pepper after serving because I really don't put salt in anything I make for Logan these days.

Prepare the cous cous according to package directions- while still hot, transfer to a large bowl and add both kinds of mushrooms, spinach, olives, olive oil, balsamic and stir until all are combined. Add salt to taste & serve warm or cold. (PS If I had Feta cheese here that would have been in there too- so if you've got it, use it!)

No comments: