Friday, November 30, 2007

Baked Brie



I looooooove cheese. LOVE IT! I made this fruity, nutty, baked brie for an appetizer at my mom's Thanksgiving get together last Saturday. I got a great tip from a friend and FROZE it which made a huge difference (last year it was uber goopy!)



Beth's Baked Brie

1 Sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
1 wedge of brie cheese
a few dried apricots
some dried cranberries
some slivered almonds

Put the brie in the freezer for 15 minutes before beginning. Slice the brie in half (like a hamburger bun, horizontally). Lay the dried fruit and the nuts in a layer on the bottom half of the cheese, and place the top half back on top of the filling. Wrap the stuffed up brie in the sheet of puff pastry and pinch to make sure it is sealed. Some folk brush it with butter- I did not. Then wrap the whole mama in saran wrap tightly and place it in a freezer bag. Freeze for a minimum of 1 hour, I froze it overnight. Take brie out of the freezer and place it on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown. Serve with crackers. YUM!

6 comments:

Annie said...

Good grief, this looks awesome! I LOOOOVE cheese and I really love brie, so I'm definitely going to try this.

Unknown said...

beth i know i have told you this already but i love the food you cook on your blog. i am making the cranberry blueberry pie for the third time and the sweet potato casserole for our second thanksgiving tonight, your blog is AWESOME!

Jaime said...

this is one of my favorite recipes! instead of the dried fruit, i usually add some fruit preserves... like raspberry or cherry! yum! :)

Mary said...

This looks FABULOUS! Love your blog!

Marye said...

That is FABULOUS!
and welcome to Daring Bakers!

Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Ah geez, baked brie is ridiculously good. I've never thought to make it with dried fruit. Maybe next time, I'll try that method.