Saturday, August 18, 2007

Black & Blue and Good All Over!




I love alllll cheese, but Blue Cheese is one of my favorites. Last night I made Blue Cheese Burgers (sometimes called Black & Blue's because of the black pepper and blue cheese) This was a super easy meal that took very little time and was oh so delicious!





Burgers (recipe by ME)
1 lb ground sirloin
Whole Wheat Buns
4oz Blue Cheese (this is the size of the container, I used almos all of it but not quite)
Fresh Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
Chopped Green Onion (2 of them)
Worcecstershire Sauce 3-4 big dashes
Pinch of Kosher Salt
3 pieces fully cooked bacon crumbled or chopped up
(I usually make bacon in the oven of easy clean up) line a baking sheet with foil lay bacon on sheet and back at 350 for about 15 minutes or until as well done as you'd like it :)
Avacado for the top :)

Knead everything but the buns and the acvacado in a medium bowl and form burger patties. Grill over medium low heat for about 7 minutes each side. Lightly toast buns on the grill for about 2 minutes. Top burgers with avacado slices & dijon mustard or condiments of choice and served (in this case) with Sweet Potato Fries~

On the Side
Sweet Potato Fries
This was so simple! I just ran one large sweet potato through the mandoline, put them on a foil lined baking sheet, sprayed with Olive Oil using my Misto and sprinkeled lightly with kosher salt. Bake at 325 for 20-25 mintues



4 comments:

Cara said...

This looks delicious, great pictures!

Deborah said...

I never even thought of mixing cheese INTO the meat mixture - looks wonderful!!

Jessica said...

This looks amazing!! I also LOOOOVE blue cheese.

Great blog!!

Ally said...

That last pic made me salivate.