Friday, October 11, 2013

Orzo with kale





It really doesn't get too much easier than this with out picking up the phone and trying to be patient while you wait for the pizza guy...which reminds me, it's been a while since I've done that, and now pizza sounds really good. Blast.

Here is what you will need
1 package orzo pasta (from Trader Joes) cooked according to package... boil it about 9 minutes, drain then put back in the pot to make the rest of this "masterpiece"!
4 sausages, cooked and chopped into small pieces (I used chicken feta - grill em or if it just so happens to rain or you run out of propane like I did- throw em in the toaster oven!)
2 handfuls kale, chop fine
4 T cream cheese (halfa block)- cubed
1/3 cup tomato vodka sauce (this is a jarred pasta sauce I get at Trader joes and my son LOVES so I always have it- you can totally sub any tomato sauce you'd like)

After you boil the orzo, drain it & put it back in the pot, add the cream cheese and tomato sauce immediately, turn on the lowest heat possible and stir the sauce & cream cheese until cheese is totally melted. Add sausage & kale, stir about 5-10 minutes till kale is a little softer.
YUM!
Since we used chicken feta sausage, I topped this with feta & it was soooooo good!



No comments: