Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin Bread/Muffins



It's pumpkin MANIA~ This is an easy, not-too-awful-for-ya recipe- my favorite kind!

Here's what you'll need:

3 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour ( I used 1 cup whole wheat flour, 2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose because that's what I had here)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tablespoons + 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
1 15oz can pumpkin
4 eggs
1/2 c veg oil
1/2 c apple sauce
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
(I made 1 standard sized loaf and 12 regular sized muffins- I also use THESE baking pans, sheets etc so no greasing or foil lining required and muy, muy easy clean-up. I can't recommend them enough.)

                               

Preheat your oven to 350.
Sift the flour, baking soda, salt and spice mix into a medium bowl.
Combine the eggs, pumpkin, sugars, apple sauce, oil and flax in a large bowl- mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Slowly mix in dry ingredients, until everything is well mixed together.
I filled one standard size loaf pan about 1/2 to 2/3 full & 12 regular size muffins/muffin tin 1/2 to slightly over 1/2 full.
I put both in at the same time.
Pull the muffins out at 25-30 minutes, cook the loaf 50 minutes- until a butter knife inserted in to he center comes out clean.
Serve w some coffee....mmmmmmmmm.


No comments: