Friday, October 5, 2012

Pork chop "carnitas" burritos



Welp. I've gone and done it now all right. I have something called "runners knee" in BOTH of my knees- and I am not a runner, unless I'm being chased or the ice cream man is moving too fast. We have 3 stories at our place, and a flight of stairs up from where we park. Add the squiggly kiddo, 8 year old weenie dog baby, diaper bag with WAAAAY too much stuff in it, groceries, laundry and life in general to that and busted up knees may (and in my case did) result.
So in addition to his usual roles of bringing home the bacon, keeping is all laughing & smiling, and just being a super hero in general - Nate is really picking up my slack & taking care of things here- he's been putting Logan to bed every night, doing the laundry (on the the 3rd floor since I can't hang) and making amazing dinners like this one!!!

Here's what you will need:



2 pork chops
Adobo seasoning, Penzys Northwoods Fire seasoning, Salish/smoke salt
Tortillas
Rice
Salsa
Black beans
2 green onions chopped
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips




Rub chops w seasonings- ok I promise I will make him write this down next time-mostly adobo then the Penzys then a bit of the smoke salt. Keep in mind Adobo is REALLY salty so you can always mix the spices in a small bowl and taste before rubbing to keep the saltyness balanced.
Slow grill em at about 250 for 45min to 1 hour, until internal temp is 150-160 degrees.
Chop the chops into little bits.

While the chops grill mix 15oz black beans in a sauce pot with a few big spoonfuls of salsa and the bell pepper- stir until heated through.

Cook brown or white rice on stove top according to package directions.

Make burritos with rice, salsa beans, pork & green onion in tortillas~ enjoy.

No comments: