Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Turkey Teriaki Meatballs



Our son is ONE this week, which is just BLOWING MY MIND. He's such a full-on little PERSON now and I am loving every waking second- hopefully, with the birthday bash (photos & recipies comin' atcha) behind me I will be able to catch up here and get my back logged stuff posted and move forward in some kind of organized fashion- huh? What does that even mean?....

Logan pretty much eats everything we do now- which has been amazing- he eats avocado three meals a day because it's seriously his favorite thing on the planet and recently he got super into meat balls- so I tried a few different ways to keep it interesting. This recipe is more adult-centered because teriyaki and soy sauce are just WAY to salty for my little pirate- so when I made this he did partake in the peas & pasta- but his balls were pretty much plain w/ some herbs and garlic....more on the munchkin menu soon, I hope!

This was a snap

In a large bowl combine

1 lb extra lean ground turkey
1 T soy sauce 
1/4 c teriyaki sauce (we use Trader Joes)
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs (add more if it seems too mush-mush, add a bit more teriyaki sauce if they are way dry for some wacky reason)
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1 small handful of minced onion
a few dashes of sesame seeds
Pre-heat your oven to 350 and form balls- place on a foil lined baking sheet.
Cook for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through.
Drizzle with extra teriyaki sauce.

Serve with rice, pasta, veggies, in a samich, udon noodles, little ones on a kabob stick- go nuts!! 

No comments: