Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Crockpot Lime Cilantro Chicken



Since my son is avocado obsessed - we've been buying them like crazy, and I'm ok with that because I love them too!! This was just a what-I-have-on-hand recipe I came up with during am nap so we'd have dinner that night.


What you'll need

2 limes (the juice of both, the zest of one)
1 handful chopped cilantro
1/2 an onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
2/3 c salsa
1/2 c chicken broth
salt, pepper
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts


Toss all that stuff in the crockpot.
Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours...my crockpot seems to run hot, if I go more than 7 hours whatever I am cooking is dryer than the Sahara. It's easy enough to tell when this recipe is all finished- at about 6 hours lift the lid, try to fork apart the chicken gently, if it shreds easy and is cooked through you are all set, if not let it go another hour for perfection.

We had this with some extra salsa, avocado and a few cold beers on whole wheat tortillas.

YUM




1 comment:

ppc campaign management said...

Is there any school offering online video lectures for the above...& how to update various portions of my blogger/website....ppc campaign management