Thursday, December 11, 2014

Addictive Orzo Salad



I discovered this at Wholefoods in the ready-made service section and I'm completely addicted to it. BUT a "large" container (which I can eat in a day easily) is like $15 or something insane like that....I think the small container is like $8. yikes. So I started making it at home and it's just as good the WF version uses spinach, which I use sometimes too, but we grow kale, so it's free here, which means I use that more often. This is epic for a party, because it makes a ton.


1 pkg of orzo pasta prepared according to directions, cooled
1 container feta cheese
about 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped (in 1/2 or 1/4 depends on how much patience you have)
1/4 red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 yellow bell pepper chopped
1-2 handfuls chopped spinach or kale
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
Olive oil, several generous drizzles
salt to taste

Toss it all in a bowl, refrigerate at least an hour, overnight is best.
Enjoy cold and by the barrel full.

No comments: