Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sweet Potato w White Beans & Kale




Ok, this barley qualifies as a "recipe" by any stretch of the imagination, but I am trying to incorporate more vegan meals into our routine and this was a SUPER easy lunch I made that Logan and I totally loved. I've also never posted about the amazingness of kale chips before so that made it worthy of a post on it's own.

Here's what you will need
Serves 4

2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
1 15oz can white beans, drained & rinsed
Kale, finely chopped- stems removed
Olive oil
Salt

This was for lunch, with a 2 year old, feel free to oven bake the sweet potatoes when you make this- I didn't have time!
I punctured both potatoes & microwaved them on 70% power for about 7 minutes- until cooked through- split them in half, sit to cool.
Preheat oven (or toaster oven!) to 350
Cover a baking sheet with foil. Place a layer of the chopped kale on the sheet.
Spray or drizzle with olive oil and lightly salt w sea salt.
Bake for about 7-10 minutes until crispy but not dark brown, watch it- you want it to still be green!!
I chopped the kale super fine because I wanted to add texture to the dish, so we called them kale "microchips", then Logan called them "crunchies" when he asked for MORE, THREE TIMES, so now that's what they are.
YUM!.

No comments: