Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pepperoncini Crock Pot Beef



Ok, let's be REALLY honest here.......I scarfed this one down too fast to snap a pic. It's THAT good.
So, I force you to drool over jewelry instead of beef, while I tell you a little about this, one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE crock pot recipes.....

Unless this is your first visit to my blog you already know I LOVE MY CROCK POT!!!

I posted this recipe back in 2008 when it was first given to me by my dear friend Candy, who designs stunning necklaces~ scope out her site: J.Sky Designs.

We'll be doing a trunk show together this spring in Los Angeles, sweet treats and spectacular jewelry make for some super fun shopping! Stay tuned for that.

Anyhow, since it'd been quite some time, and I now have a new, full-size crock pot and have developed a recent OBSESSION with pepperoncinis, I though it appropriate to re-post about this yummy dish, anew. Minus the photo, sorry folks, it was SOooooooooo good!!!!

As with most crock pot recipes (hence my love for the contraption) this is VERY easy, full of flavor and makes a fantastic Sunday dinner.


1 Tri Tip Roast
1 can of beef consume
1 12oz bottle of beer
2 jars of pepperoncini peppers with the liquid
1 packet of All Seasons Italian dressing mix

Add all of the above to the crock pot, cover and cook on low for 5 hours.

BAM. That's it.

This is a REALLY FLAVORFUL dish, it's definitely got a bit of kick, so I served it with a mixed greens salad  and baked sweet potato on the side- for a cool/sweet compliment to the lil'bit-o-heat.

I hope you love it as much as we did :o) If you make it, do me a favor and take a photo for me, share it on our Sweet Life Kitchen Facebook page!!

2 comments:

Food Kingdom said...

http://www.facebook.com/foodkingdom
------------------------------
This is excellent, finally a food portal which understands what food lovers are looking for. Best wishes and congratulations to the Food Kingdom team!

Preparing for Peanut said...

I posted to your FB and not here...this recipe is amazing! My husband is a Californian like you and LOVES tri-tip...so when I see it at Trader Joes (tri-tip is not as easy to find in the midwest for some reason) I make it. He thought I was crazy when I poured all the pepperoncinis in the crock pot, but he LOVED the result. SO flavorful!
Thanks!
www.preparingforpeanut.com