Monday, November 8, 2010

SLK Flashback~ TWD Twofer Pie


I made this pie for the first time in 2008 and it is a FAVORITE. Pumpkin pie on the bottom, pecan pie on top- all in one crust. This pie is the creation of baking genius, Dorie Greenspan, and during my summer & fall participating in the Tuesdays With Dorie blogger baking group, I was lucky enough to "haveta" make this pie.
I highly recommend that if you don't already own Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan, you need to go pick it up right away- or add it to your holiday wish list!! If you adore baking or just want to try some new recipes- this book is SPECTACULAR!

One of my favorite parts of Dorie's BFMHTY book is the "basics" recipes that are included, like pie & tart crust! It's all covered!



To make this delicious combo of two pies, go get your copy of Baking, by Dorie Greenspan- or follow THIS LINK to the recipe from the original TWD post!

I get pretty obsessed with side dishes and pies this time of year, and there's no way this pie would not be a huge hit!!

1 comment:

Avery said...

Good stuff here. I've been enjoying what I've been reading!