Recently, we were overjoyed when the lovely folks at Pretzel Crisps gave us a bunch samples to try, because we already knew we liked Pretzel Crisps, AND it was the beginning of football season- what fabulous timing!
My friend Erin shared this awesome cheese dip/spread recipe that is VERY easy (my favorite) and also addictivly delicious, and perfect for watching football with!
Here is the original recipe, along with my twists* (you know I can never resist!)
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup milk
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dressing/dip mix
(*this is powerful stuff people, I'm a little salt-sensitive, so recommend using half a package if you are the same way- you can use the other half to season some burgers or chicken so it does not go to waste!)
8oz cream cheese, softened
8oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8oz shredded pepper jack cheese
*1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
*1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
* 1/4-1/3 cup crushed almonds
- In a medium or large bowl mix the mayo, milk and ranch mix until well combined "let stand to set up" 30 minutes to 1 hour .
- This was in the original recipe, I was a little confused as to weather that meant just let it chillax on the counter or put it in the fridge- so I went with on the counter because I figured it would say refrigerate if that's what it meant... thoughts?
- Add cream cheese and both shredded cheeses and mix until all ingredients are well combine
- I blended in just the cream cheese first- so the cream cheese, and milk/mayo/ranch mix were all combined, then using a spatula mixed in the shredded cheeses, garlic, cayenne and nuts.
Transfer to serving dish and refrigerate 1 hour for flavors to combine.