Thursday, February 28, 2008

Nate's 8-Spice Chicken



I am naming this 8-spice chicken because he used Chinese 5 spice, plus some ginger, plus some garlic powder, and rubbed it with Garlic Chili Sauce (which I know is not really a spice on it's own, more of a SAUCE really, but hey, I'm calling it an 8th spice).

This is an easy weeknight dinner with TONS of taste and not too bad for you either!

Here is what you'll need

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (rinse and pat dry)
3 T. garlic chili sauce
2-3 tsp. Chinese 5 Spice
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp garlic powder

Mix the dry spices together and rub all over the chicken breasts. Then rub the garlic chili sauce over both chicken breasts. Grill about 7 minutes each side or until cooked all the way through.
We had this with a baked sweet potato and some steamed green beans. TA-DAAAAA! :)

3 comments:

slush said...

Sounds awesome. Its always good to have another chicken recipe in the arsenal. Great job Nate! ;)

Jaime said...

wow, this looks so succulent! and i was just wondering what else i could make w/the five spice powder in my pantry...can't wait to try this :)

Deborah said...

I swear the blog world must be reading my mind, because I have been looking for recipes with 5 spice, and I have come across many this week! This sounds amazing!