Sunday, February 10, 2008

Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches



These are soooo delicious, and yet another reason why the crock pot is so fantastic. This is an old recipe that comes from my mom's favorite crock pot cookbook Crock It, By:Barbara Murray I'm looking forward to trying more recipes from this book, but I don't own it yet, I just call my mom and have her read me recipes. ;) It is on my "purchase ASAP list". We had these yummy French Dip Sandwiches at my mom's house not too long ago, I had been thinking about making them ever since, especially because this recipe is much better in a 5.5 qt crock pot than in the 2.5 qt crock pot I rocked until this Christmas ;)



Crock pot French Dip Sandwiches
Source : Crock It Cookbook by Barbara Murray
Serves 4-6

3 lb boneless beef chuck roast
1 pkg Mushroom/onion soup mix
1 10oz can of beef broth + 1 can of H2O
French rolls or sour dough bread

In a medium bowl whisk together the broth, water and soup mix. Trim any excess fat off of the meat. Add meat to crock pot, then pour broth & soup over it.
Cook on low 6-8 hours. Remove meat to a large bowl or plate using a slotted spoon. Use two forks to shred up the meat & remove any excess fat. Toast the bread and make sandwiches with the beef (we added some horseradish to them) serve with a bowl of the au jus from the crock pot for dippin'.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm a sucker for great, easy crock-pot meals so thanks for sharing this one!

Melissa said...

I have been wanting yo try this...since you said it was so good I am going to have to try it soon!

test it comm said...

That sandwich looks so good!

kylee said...

YUM!!!
This sounds awesome.

USA Kiwi
www.kyleecooks.blogspot.com

PS: You have been tagged

Deborah said...

I am totally saving this recipe!

Jaime said...

wow, i love french dip! this looks so easy too! i can't wait to try it...

MissMissy said...

I made this last night. Thank you for the great recipe!! A new favorite in our house.

Unknown said...

I cannot wait to make this!