Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's 2008!!



HOORAY! And BEST WISHES for a TERIFFIC YEAR, this year, 2008!!!

I had a wonderful 2007; Nate and I got married in April, had the most amazing time EVER in Tahiti...Spent the summer in Huntington at Dog Beach every weekend, Leela turned FOUR! I started this little space on the giant internet so that my junky pile of note book paper, junk mail envelopes, napkins & sticky notes with recipes & ideas all over em would be all electronically organized in one place...someday, not quite there yet. :)

I don't really set "resolutions" but I do have some goals I hope to achieve in 2008, for sure. I found so many fantastic blogs and groups like the Daring Bakers that have totally inspired me in 2007, and I am so excited to see what they will bring to the table in 2008!

Here are a few of my favorite things, from 2007:

SUMMER


Peach Strawberry Shortcakes


Grown Up Sloppy Joe's


Beer Can Chicken

FALL


Chilly Weather Chili


Fabulous Ginger Wings


Puff Pastry Cheese Cake Cups with Pear Topping

WINTER


Cranberry Blueberry Pie


Our "Honey-Baked" Ham


Cinnamon Hazelnut Biscotti


Prime Rib


Yule Log

Wishing you ALL, a happy, healthy, prosperous 2008!!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

i still need to try some of those... so many recipes, so little time! love the pic of leela! :) can't wait to see what 2008 brings...

test it comm said...

Great looking roundup! The "Peach Strawberry Shortcakes" caught my eye. Why didn't I think of trying to swap another fruit into a ~strawberry~ shortcake?

Happy New Year!

Katy said...

happy new year! those all look delicious!

Mary said...

Wow! That post made me REALLY hungry! Happy 2008!

Megan said...

Wow, I love the ham, biscotti,Prime rib, molten cakes...
There is to many yummy things to bookmark so I'll just subscribe to your feed. Dont you just love the daring bakers? Alot of recipes I wouldnt have made if it weren't for the challanges. I'll be back to check out the next challange.